Saturday, April 21, 2012

Blue Dolphin

Tonight, William and I participated in our first "double-date". 

For the past two weeks I have had an urge for crab cakes. My favorite restaurant for crab cakes is the well known Timbuktu in Baltimore, MD however we heard rumors that the quality has changed in the past few years and just wasn't the best place for this treat.  Instead everyone in our area ranked the "Blue Dolphin"as the leader for making this local specialty so of course we had to decide for ourselves.

I am a lover of all seafoods so of course I decided to try the broiled seafood platter that had an assortment of delicious shrimp, scallops, stuffed oysters (traded this out for an additional crab cake), crab cake and fillet of flounder served with lemon and butter.  As my side components I paired the platter with a baked potato and sauted spinach with garlic, feta and olive oil.   

What was my take on these crab cakes you ask?

Hands down the "Blue Dolphin" is the leader for crab cakes in the Washington, DC area!

No comments: