Wednesday, May 30, 2012

My Goals as Ms. District of Columbia Essence 2012

Being a titleholder means being a role model and goodwill ambassador for one's community. As Ms. District of Columbia Essence I would like to achieve the folowing:

*Raise $500.00 for Reading Is Essential.
*Complete 15 appearances before the national competition.
*Visit each of the Eight wards for community/neighborhood advisory meetings.
*Share my message of "Reading is the Key to Your Future" with the Mayor and all elected city officials.
*Get September 22, 2012 (fourth Saturday in the month) proclaimed as Reading Is Essential day for Washington, DC.
*Hold the first annual Reading Is Essential walk/run on September 22, 2012.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love it Ms. Peta-Gay. This is amazing... remember any events you host such as your Reading is Essential Walk. I will be there.