Saturday, April 10, 2010

Miss Teen Maryland International Pageant

Today I had to make a hard decision...attend the Miss Teen Maryland International pageant or assist my mom in holding an impromptu birthday party for a pregnant teen mom....in the end I thought my efforts would be more useful if I was their for the teen.

I helped shop, decorate and cook for a barbecue for this young lady's party and boy was she surprised because she thought she was just coming by to "hang-out." She is such a sweet girl that has made a brave choice to become a parent. SHE inspires me to be the best mom that I can be because if a teen can do it then a 29 year old has no excuses. I have proclaimed myself as the honorary "God-mommy" to this little boy so Vanessa and Jade better get used to having a brother :)

Hopefully, I can get someone to text me the results of the pageant or I will have to troll facebook for updates.

No comments: