Saturday, June 19, 2010

Not Giving Up on My Dream

As a parent I think one of the biggest lessons one can teach their child is never to give up on a dream.

I tell Vanessa and Jade to "try", "do your best" and "you can achieve anything you set your mind too. " Yet I am not living by my own words. Instead I have focused all of my attention on the needs of my family without consider what my ambition/interests are. Subconsciously this is my way of not failing...how can you fail if you never really tried?

I am an extremely busy mom, wife, community activist, business professional, and student however I must lead by example and not give up on my dream of being a national titleholder.

As a project coordinator I keep the ball rolling for a multi-million dollar department of a national non-profit so I know I can manage a household, be remembered as a mother that was always their for her children while pursuing my dream of winning a national pageant title.

Let the preparations begin. Here's to me winning in 2011!

No comments: