Friday, September 17, 2010

DIBELS

The dreaded DIBELS results are in for the 2010-2011 academic school year.

Vanessa took the assessment last week. Last night, I received a notice from her teacher about a meeting on the 20th to discuss the results and the best ways to create proficient readers. Yeah, the irony in a reading advocate receiving this letter :)

If you ask me, thanks to the training and resources RIF makes available to its coordinators and volunteers I am extremely aware of the best practices to assist children in being proficient readers. My ego wants me to take the letter lightly however as a concerned parent I will be at Monday's meeting absorbing all of the information that is shared because my ultimate goal is to create a literate nation one child at a time so why shouldn't I start with my own.

No comments: