Friday, May 20, 2011

OUR Home

My fondest childhood memories were all created in my family's home on "T" street. I lived in the same house from the age of eight until my grandmother passed away in my arms within my bedroom. The myriad of happy (and even sad) memories created within this house are the ones that molded me into the person I am today.

Since 2007, I have wanted to give my daughter's a place in which they too can create lifelong memories and one day visit with their own children and reminisce on the past.

Through God's blessing I will soon become a DC homeowner.

Over the years, District government has rehabilitated numerous communities to insure that quality housing is provided for low and moderate income families. Like previously rehabilitated communities "Ivy City" is slated to be transformed from its current state into one of Ward 5's newest gems by way of 58 new condominiums and single family homes. These homes are being built through a partnership with the Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) and the DC Local Initiatives Support Corporation (DC LISC), DC Habitat for Humanitiy, MANNA and Mi Casa.

OUR home will be a beautifully constructed energy efficient 5 bedroom single family dwelling sitting on a lovely corner lot with space for entertaining or maybe a small swing play set for the girls.

Joyously, I will share photos of the pre-construction of OUR home below.





Land Prep






Framing of the house

No comments: