Friday, June 19, 2009

Ronald McDonald House Dinner

LaQuisha and "Julia" one of the residents of Ronald McDonald House

Serving pizza to "Julia" and Jade.

Tonight Jade, LaQuisha and I served dinner for the families currently staying at the Ronald McDonald House in Washington, DC.

"Many families travel far from home to get treatment for their seriously ill or injured children. The treatment may last a day, a month, or even longer. It's a long time to be away from home, or to divide a family.

Ronald McDonald Houses around the world offer families a way to stay together, in proximity to the treatment hospital, and be comfortable and cared for during their stay. By staying at a Ronald McDonald House, parents can also can better communicate with their child’s medical team and keep up with complicated treatment plans when needed."

Jade enjoyed playing with the other children and had the time of her life playing the residence piano. While sitting in the great hall of the house I heard beautiful music coming from the children's play area so I walked back to see which child was playing and to my astoundment it was my Jade. I was so surprised to see that it was her playing. I guess I have a budding Miss America on my hand. Now I need to find a school or person to give her lessons.

The children were in awe of seeing LaQuisha's crown and sash. They enjoyed taking photos with her and even donning the crown.

All three of us were very impressed with the Ronald McDonald House and will be back again soon. Next time hopefully Vanessa is well enough to also attend.

No comments: