Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Inspiration All Around Me

So much has inspired me lately. A few weeks back Wyclef Jean was on the BET Awards and the thing I remembered most from his acceptance speech is that our circumstances does not limit our potential. He said he came from a "mud hut, to the projects to a mansion." This seems irrelevant enough but it speaks volumes about what one can achieve with belief and determination.

Also while watching the memorial service for Michael Jackson I was inspired by his humanitarian works. The broadcast said in history no one person has single handily given as much as Michael. I want when my obituary is read that I too am remembered for my works on this earth for making someone else's life better. It is not the recognition I crave but instead the opportunity to give to others that are in more need than myself.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

You inspire me, as well! I am rooting for you to become the next Mrs. Earth!!!!!

We'll miss you in Montgomery County but Prince George's is getting a great community leader.

Sherry
BOA Maryland's 40s