Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Cacciatore-Style Chicken and Vegetables

Each year, I make annual goals in November (starting early this year because I have already achieved my 2010/2011 goal) and this year's is to become a profient cook that can prepare Jamaican and Soul Food exceptionally well.

To accomplish this goal, I will create two new dishes each week. Tonight, I began this process by creating cacciatore-style chicken and vegetables (not technically Jamaican or Soul).

Upon picking up Vanessa and Jade from school they were excited to see me with a bag. They immediately asked what was in it. I told them my plan for dinner and they became excited. Vanessa even asked if she could bring some of it for her teacher. I told her of course. When we arrived home the girls watched as I browned the chicken and chopped the vegetables. They also nibbled on the chopped veggies as their after school snack.

The recipe took longer than excepted (almost twice the time) but all in all I think creating cacciatore-style chicken was a success! Vanessa said it was one of the best dinners I have made.

No comments: